WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING
BEFORE & AFTER
What is a MICRONEEDLING?
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that involves pricking the skin with tiny sterilized needles. The micro-wounds cause your body to increase the production of collagen and elastin, which heal and make your skin look younger. The goal of microneedling is to jumpstart your body’s healing process to help fill in and smooth out wrinkles with collagen and elastin.
Note: Microneedling can be used on the face & body
- Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
- Shrinks enlarged pores
- Fades stretch marks
- Decreases sun damage
- Evens out hyperpigmentation
- Treats scars
- Hair loss / Alopecia
Before & After
DAYS 1-3 – Your skin may feel tender, tight, dry, and sensitive after 24-48 hours.
DAYS 2-7 – You’ll notice dryness, flaking, and peeling.
DAYS 5-7 You can do your regular skincare routine
- Minor pain & redness
- Flaky, tight skin which will result in peeling
- Bruising & possible bleeding
- Possible scarring
- Low risk of infection due to the possibility of germs getting into the small holes
Microneedling usually takes 10-20 minutes, depending on the area.
- Your skin will be numbed with numbing cream.
- Your Aesthetician will run a pen-shaped or rolling tool with tiny needles all over the surface of your face.
- Your Aesthetician will clean your face and add a serum before you are sent home
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications for one week. Use Tylenol instead.
- DO NOT ice or numb your face because it may interfere with the collagen and elastin production responsible for rejuvenating your face.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for roughly two weeks. After 24/h, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen at SPF 30 when you are out.
- Treat skin gently, washing your skin with a gentle cleanser and cool water. Use clean hands to touch your skin.
- Avoid exercises that may cause you to sweat.
- Avoid jacuzzi, sauna, or steam baths 24 hours after treatment due to open cuts and pores.
- Sleep on your back with to minimize swelling or pain.
- Do not unnecessarily pick, scratch, or scrub at treated skin! Allow your skin to flake off naturally.
- Keep skin moisturized.
Healing from microneedling generally takes 24 – 72 hours. You are free to return to your daily routine after treatment and wear cosmetics 24 hours after your treatment.
Treatment Shelf life
microneedling treatment can be safely done every 4 to 6 weeks. Most people need 4-6 treatments to see a significant difference.