Why Get laser hair removal
Shaving, waxing, threading and even sugaring can often be seen as very time consuming and annoying ways to remove unwanted hair. If this is the case for you, investing in laser hair removal could be your best solution.
Laser hair removal is a semi-permanent medical procedure that uses a laser to remove unwanted hair. The highly concentrated light from the laser is beamed into the hair follicles that are then absorbed by the hair’s pigment which helps to delay hair growth. Laser hair treatment is mostly used for one’s:
● Bikini line
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- Helps to Avoid Ingrown Hairs
- Relativity Painless
- Lasting Results
- Saves Time
- Confidence Boost
Laser Hair Removal Pre-treatment Preparation
1. Avoid sun exposure for six weeks before your treatment as sun exposure can make the treatment less effective
2. Stop plucking and waxing the treated area for at least four to six weeks proper to the first appointment
3. Shave treated areas 24 to 48 hours prior to your appointment
4. If you have bleached hair in the targeted area, it is recommended that you stop using bleaching your hair six weeks prior to your treatment
5. Speak to our aestheticians and notify them of medications you are taking both orally and topically.
6. Avoid using makeup, creams, lotions, ointments, deodorant, or anything else that is applied topically to the areas before your treatment.
Laser Hair Removal Aftercare & Post-Treatment Expectations
After your treatment, you may experience redness and swelling for the initial first few hours
● Apply a cool compress to the treated area to reduce temporary swelling and pain
● If you were given prescription creams apply as directed
● Protect your skin from the sun and avoid the sun for at least four to six weeks after your treatment
● Avoid using tanning beds after your treatment and in between sessions
● Use a broad spectrum of SPF30 sunscreen daily
Possible Side Effects of Laser Hair Removal
Mild swelling around hair follicles
● Slight skin redness
● Temporary irritation
● Scarring or other skin texture
● Pigment changes in the treated area – For those with darker skin, these changes are more likely and are usually temporary
Who Should Not Get Laser Hair Removal?
Those that are pregnant or expecting should avoid laser hair treatment. In addition, those that are on specific acne treatments and or have genital herpes (HSV-2) or are prone to cold sores should avoid laser hair removal. If this sounds like you, please consult your doctor here are Renew spa and we will determine the best course of action for you.
Laser Hair Removal at Renew Spa
We here at Renew spa and wellness clinic what to ensure that your laser hair removal experience is as smooth and enjoyable as possible. We recommend that your consult with us first before you book your session so we can properly advise what the best course of action is for each of our clientele.
Written by Serena Barry
Latest News & Resources
4 Harmful Natural Ingredients that Aren’t So Skincare Friendly
As this holiday season approaches us, whether you celebrate it or not – we want to remind you of the harmful natural ingredients that you should stay away from when it comes to skincare. Natural skincare remedies can be truly effective – in moderation and with the help of trusted research. Still, there are those natural household ingredients that may be great on their own but when mixed into your skincare and skin regime can be more harmful than anything. Continue reading to find out the 4 most harmful natural ingredients used in skincare that can do more harm than good.
Self-Care -In The Off-Season? Yes – It’s Crucial!
We all know how important self-care is to our wellness, but it is as important in the off-seasons as the weather is transitioning.
IV THERAPY FOR BEGINNERS – How To Implement IV Shots Into Your Routine
At Renew, our IV Therapy is an immune-boosting medical treatment typically customized to address individual client needs. At Renew Spa and Wellness in Markham, our IV Treatments are made to order, managing our clients’ specific needs. We are here to help cater the IV treatments to every one of our clientele’s lifestyles and find the best and most beneficial drips for your lifestyle.