HIGH-INTENSITY FOCUSED ULTRASOUND (HIFU)
WHAT IS HIFU?
BEFORE & AFTER
WHAT IS HIGH-INTENSITY FOCUSED ULTRASOUND (HIFU) ?
High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) is a new cosmetic procedure that is used to help tighten the skin in a non-invasive way. It is often seen as a non-invasive and non-surgical facelift.
- Reduced signs of aging
- Lifting cheeks, eyebrows, and eyelids
- Tightened face and overall, more refined look
- No recovery time
- Defined jawline
- Smooth skin
- Less expensive in comparison to a face-lift
Before & After
During the HIFU you may experience some slight discomfort. Some patients have described the pain as small prickly pulses. If you are worried about pain, please notify our staff and we will adjust so that you are comfortable. We also ask you to come without any makeup on the day of your session. As well, if you have a history of cold sores, HIFU may not be as effective on you, so please notify our staff of this at your consultation.
You may experience mild redness and swelling immediately after, but it should clear up the first few hours post-treatment
Duration: 30- 90 minutes
- Targeted area will be cleaned
- An anaesthetic cream may be applied if necessary
- Ultrasound gel will be applied
- HIFU device is placed against the skin
- The staff member(s) taking care of you will then adjust the device accordingly
- Ultrasound energy is then delivered to the target area in short pulses for the duration of the appointment
- Once completed, the device is removed
- Refrain from sun exposure and intense cold for a few weeks post-treatment
- Refrain from consuming alcohol post-treatment
- Do not scratch or irritate your skin
- Stay hydrated
- Refrain from hot showers and or baths
None – you can return to your day-to-day activities immediately after your treatment
Treatment Shelf life
Life usually results will last anywhere between 9 to 12 months after your entire treatment.
It is recommended that our clientele has two HIFU treatments in the first year, six months apart. For thicker areas on the face, you may need to have extra sessions in between, of course, all of this will be finalized during your consultation.