BENEFITS OF BOTOX®
At Renew Spa and Wellness Clinic, we offer face and body Botox treatments as we understand your preference to maintain and enhance your youthful appearance. We want to educate and provide the Markham community with the latest and most beneficial effects of Botox.
What is Medical Botox?
Botox is an injectable non-invasive medical substance used to treat headaches, excessive underarm sweating, wrinkles, fine lines, and other facial creases. Please note Botox is a brand name for the injectables made by Clostridium botulinum; other brand names include Dysport and Xeomin.
How is Medical Botox used?
Botox is used to treat several medical and cosmetic conditions that appear with aging.
How is a Medical Botox Procedure Done?
A Botox injection is a safe non-abrasive medical or cosmetic procedure administered in desired target areas that paralyze, relax and reduce the corresponding muscle and nerve movement.
How Long Does A Medical Botox Shot Last?
Typically the results from a Botox injection will last about 3 to 6 months, depending on your skin and how it holds the injection. We suggest frequently coming to Markhams Renew Spa and wellness clinic to maintain your desired look.
What are the Side Effects Of Medical Botox?
Temporary side effects of Botox can include:
- Bruising – is very common and will go away
- Eye dryness
- Overall pain, swelling, muscle aches
- A crooked smile, droopy eyelid, and or drooling at site of injection
Remember, these side effects are temporary and will go away with time.
Why Should I Get Medical Botox?
Studies have shown that Botox can have lasting effects on the skins’ anti-aging process as it increases face elasticity which helps the face become resistant to wrinkles and fine lines.
The following are the most common areas that face Botox is known to target:
- Crows Feet: Lines that appear on the outer corner of the eyes
- Bunny Lines: Horizontal lines that occur along the nose bridge
- Marionette/Smile lines: Vertical lines that extend from the nose to the sides of the month
- Top Lip Lines: Lines that appear on the upper region of the mouth and extend out
- Under Eye Lines: Lines that appear right under the eye sockets
- Medical Botox Benefits for the Forehead: Botox placed on the forehead targets forehead wrinkles, also known as frown lines, temporarily leaving your skin smooth and creaseless.
- Medical Botox benefits for Migraines. Botox injections in your forehead, temples, back of your head, and neck will help soothe severe migraines. The Botox treatment helps to reduce the overall head pain and reduce the number of days your headache lasts.
- Medical Botox Benefits for Hyperhidrosis. Botox injected under the arms helps reduce severe sweating (Hyperhidrosis) as it targets and blocks the chemical that produces sweat. The effects become noticeable after 2 to 4 days, and the full results are seen in approximately two weeks.
Who Should Not Get Medical Botox?
Those that are breastfeeding, pregnant, planning on getting pregnant, or with a neurological disease should stay away from Botox injections. If this is the case for you, please get in touch with us here at Renew Spa and Wellness Clinic, and we will find a more suitable cosmetic medical procedure for you.
Will Health Insurance Pay for Medical Botox?
In Ontario, Botox for medical and cosmetic purposes may only be covered under your private insurance.
Medical Botox Treatments at Renew
At Renew Spa and Wellness Clinic, your botox treatment begins with a consult and a thorough client history on your use of botox. After the initial consult, we gather visual cues for your next visit, map, and begin the service. Every service begins and starts with detailed pre and post-care instructions.
For a consultation or more information on our Botox treatments, please give us a call at our Renew Spa & Wellness Clinic in Markham. We would be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
Written by Serena Barry
Latest News & Resources
4 Harmful Natural Ingredients that Aren’t So Skincare Friendly
As this holiday season approaches us, whether you celebrate it or not – we want to remind you of the harmful natural ingredients that you should stay away from when it comes to skincare. Natural skincare remedies can be truly effective – in moderation and with the help of trusted research. Still, there are those natural household ingredients that may be great on their own but when mixed into your skincare and skin regime can be more harmful than anything. Continue reading to find out the 4 most harmful natural ingredients used in skincare that can do more harm than good.
Self-Care -In The Off-Season? Yes – It’s Crucial!
We all know how important self-care is to our wellness, but it is as important in the off-seasons as the weather is transitioning.
IV THERAPY FOR BEGINNERS – How To Implement IV Shots Into Your Routine
At Renew, our IV Therapy is an immune-boosting medical treatment typically customized to address individual client needs. At Renew Spa and Wellness in Markham, our IV Treatments are made to order, managing our clients’ specific needs. We are here to help cater the IV treatments to every one of our clientele’s lifestyles and find the best and most beneficial drips for your lifestyle.